That’s why we built SayMore– to make common Language Documentation tasks fun and keep you productive.
- Pull the day’s recordings directly off your camera or audio device, creating Session folders for each one,
- or record directly into SayMore*.
- Easily convert the media coming from your device into the formats you want for long-term access.
- Enter meta-data about the session as a whole, and also for individual files.
- Add any kind of file related to the session , including audio and video recordings, photographs, & transcriptions.
- Enter information about session participants.
- Add evidence of informed consent, be it audio, video, or photographs or a signed form.
- Single-click to rename a file according to a naming standard.
- Let SayMore Auto segment your media into bite-size chunks, do it by hand, or import from ELAN.
- Transcribe & translate, then export to FLEx for interlinearization, or do further work in ELAN.
- Enlist a native speaker to easily record Careful Speech annotations and Oral Translations.
- Get 3-track audio combining original, careful speech, and oral translations, for free!
Check Your Coverage and Progress
- View charts and other statistics of your progress
- SIL members can use SayMore to quickly submit a package of all the relevant files and metadata using SIL’s “RAMP” archive-submission application.
We want to save you time if SayMore isn’t for you, so check out Things SayMore Does Not Do.
* These features are only in the current Version 2 Beta Release.